Thursday, March 8, 2012

The "Good" and "Bad" of Wal~Mart.

The thing about the whole Wal~Mart issue is that a large company that really doesn't know how their employees are being treated. From what I was in the video, it like some of the spokes people, are actually aware of the working conditions. Now that doesn't mean that I don't agree with the workers, I think that they should have the full benefits, including health care. Now knowing that Wal~Mart, is the largest super-store in America, majority of Americans shop there. I however have never been to a Wal~Mart, I never bought anything there, so I really don't know the type of environment, that they "show". I've noticed that in the commercials they have happy go lucky people who "work" there, I'm almost 100% sure that those people in the commercial are paid actors, considering the fact that every single person that they interview in the film, basically said how Wal~Mart sucks.
Now in the other video that we saw, the employees had some sort of morning chant, before work. Now that's not weird at all. So anyways, would I work at Wal~Mart, truthfully, no. Reasons are pretty obvious, they make their employees work over time, with out the over pay (Which let me point out is a federal law). They're racist, agianst African Americans, and probably other races too. They are also sexist, women at Wal~Mart, aren't given the same job opportunities as men. They also won't allow their employees to speak their mind about how the company really works.
The worst part about Wal~Mart, is that they are destroying all other small family owned businesses and even some other big name stores. They are closing everyone out of job opportunities, families who have invested everything lost their life long dream

No comments:

Post a Comment